Saturday, April 25, 2015

Andrea "Fice" Sharp-Small Business Spotlight


Tell me about yourself…My name is Andrea "Fice" Sharp. I am from the small town of Carthage, MS.  I graduated from Mississippi Valley State University with my BA in Speech. I completed my Master's degree in Management at Belhaven University. I have a background in research, but recently resigned in order to build my personal businesses. I am the owner a growing photography company and a unique natural hair t-shirt line. I absolutely love what I do and I love helping others. I am pretty simple, but I'm unique and feel like God has truly put me here on this earth for a reason. I've never met a stranger and I am selfless. I have excellent work ethics and I feel like we all have the same opportunity, but must take that leap of faith and pursue it.

What motivates you to keep going? God and my family. I never realized how precious life was until I loss my father a few years ago.  He was a successful entrepreneur who never went to college, but pressured me to go no matter what. He was such an inspiration and a wonderful mentor. He would always tell me that I could do anything I wanted to do. I just needed to believe in myself and never give up. I hold those word very close to my heart. He is the reason that I am a believer and why I never gave up. My 6 year old daughter looks up to me and I must set a clear example for her. She knows about being a business woman and gives out business cards on the spot. I can never quit! I know that life is not promised so I give my all in everything that I do.

Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and professional life? Now that I am an entrepreneur, my life is well balanced. It didn't get easier, but I am able to make adjustments when needed. Family will always come first, but from time to time you'll need to make sacrifices in order to be a success. I often create a daily task list so that I won't be all over the place. This takes practice. It's important to stay focused.

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? Find your passion and never ever give up on it. It won't always be easy but you must remain focused, self driven and determined. Surround yourself with positive people. Write, see and do! Write down your goals and execute them. Navigate towards positive people and let your time be of value. Ever minute counts! Don't be distracted be gossip, negativity or anything else. Keep your eyes on the prize. Learn self discipline. Some may not have family or friends to motivate them but that can't be an excuse. You have to always be self-motivated even when you have the support. Dreams comes true. Don't ever wait until tomorrow when you can start today.

What’s your favorite social media platform? I'd have to say Instagram at this point. I've gained at least 80% of all sales from IG. You can connect with so many different people. I find that using a ton of hashtags works in my favor. I love all of my loyal supporters.

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to fellow entrepreneurs? I am currently reading "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. Being positive is a must.

What’s your favorite app? My favorite app is ColorNote. I know that it's very basic, but I am always running and on the go. I meet a lot of people and love to take notes. I take out my colorsnotes on my phone and create notes that I am able to look at later. It's user friendly and very helpful.

What's your favorite Podcast account name? I don't have a favorite. There are so many :)

What’s your favorite Entrepreneur website/blog to visit? I love YouTube. I often listen to interviews, motivational spills, life lessons, etc from Daymond John. He is an amazing young man.

What’s your favorite quote? "If you didn't die from it, then it must not have been that bad" -Fice

Stay connected with Andrea with the links & social media accounts below: 
Websites:
www.ficetshirts.com (natural hair t-shirt line)
www.fotofetish.net  (photography company)

Instagram: @gonaturaltshirts
Twitter: @gonaturaltshirt
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ficetshirts

No comments:

Post a Comment