Saturday, April 4, 2015

Dr. Rhonda Anderson-Small Business Spotlight


Tell me about yourself…I have a Ph.D. in Higher Education Leadership from Mercer University located in Atlanta, GA. I am a Life Transitions Strategist and the President/CEO of A Scholars Touch, LLC (AST) and the co-founder of iNSPIRE Entrepreneurs, LLC. In addition, I am a certified Professional Coach specializing in Life, Education, and Business coaching. I offer one-on-one coaching, group coaching, training, and consulting. I am also the co-host of the Dr. Divas Show, which is aired online and is coming to television in 2015. Lastly, I am an adjunct faculty member at NortchCentral University, where I teach in the School of Education. I live in the metro Atlanta, GA area and I am married and have three sons. 

What motivates you to keep going? All of my motivation is coming from God. He has placed in my heart desires that are aligned with His plan for my life.  I have an internal hunger for success as an entrepreneur. My family and friends also play a vital role in motivating me to keep pushing. In addition, wanting to be a resource for my family, friends, and the community also keeps me excited and wanting to achieve more. I want to be an example for others and to show them that they can experience the same success, if they make up in their minds to take action. 

Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and professional life? Now that I work for myself, I feel that I have a little more control with balancing my personal and professional life. It is still a work in progress. Right now, I am really working on growing my business, and at times I find myself dedicating a lot of time to this. I do see that after I get my business where it needs to be financially, I would have a lot more control. Due to having more flexibility, I do enjoy being able to do more for my husband and children. 

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? I would tell an aspiring entrepreneur to ensure that time is taken to formulate the foundation of their business and to maximize monetizing the business. Entrepreneurs should ensure that there is a business plan in place, a strategic plan for business growth, a marketing plan for reaching target audience, a financial plan for budgeting and expenses, and an human resources plan for hiring interns and employees. When I say maximize monetizing the business, I am saying that entrepreneurs should evaluate other income streams for their business.

What’s your favorite social media platform? I love all of these platforms for my professional coaching business. They all have great advantages for business growth and I have been able to reach different audiences on each. All of these platforms have allowed me to connect with potential customers and other business owners all over the world. 

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to fellow entrepreneurs?From Good to Great by Jim Collins

What’s your favorite app?  I love Evernote because of its functionality. It allows you to write your ideas, take meeting notes, complete proposals, create presentations, etc. Evernote is a workspace that can sync across all devices and shared with others. There is a free version or a small paid subscription option.

What's your favorite Podcast account name? Bootstrapping It by Vince Carter.

What’s your favorite Entrepreneur website/blog to visit? My favorite entrepreneur websites are Forbes.com and Inc.com.

What’s your favorite quote? Hustle until you no longer have to introduce yourself. --Anonymous

Stay connected with Rhonda with the links below:

Websites
www.ascholarstouch.com
              www.inspireentrepreneurs.net
              www.doctordivasshow.com
Social Media
Dr. Rhonda L. Anderson
Life Transitions Strategist
Professional Coach|Author|Speaker|Radio Host

No comments:

Post a Comment