Saturday, July 18, 2015

Aja-Small Business Spotlight

Tell me about yourself…I'm a wife and mother of 2 wonderful homeschooled children.  I'm also the founder of Simple Beauty Naturals, makers of natural, vegetarian skincare and cosmetics.  The business is structured as a franchise and I coach our franchisees so that they can achieve their ultimate business goals and dreams.  I have a BA in Finance and I've worked as a financial analyst. I've also worked in the marketing departments of Jive Records, Hidden Beach, and Chicago's urban radio station Power 92.

I LOVE what I do and I truly know that I was born to be an entrepreneur.

What motivates you to keep going? Drive.  Put sometimes drive can get low.  I constantly listen to motivational audio files and podcasts.  In addition, I read business books all the time.  In fact our franchisees read a book each month to keep us focused.

Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and professional life? Yes.  There's no separation between business and family life.  My husband and I are both entrepreneurs so business is an intricate part of our family structure.

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? Just jump.  Eff fear!  Just jump.

What’s your favorite social media platformFacebook.  I find that it's easier to build relationships with facebook.

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to fellow entrepreneurs? Ha!  I'm reading two books right now. Our franchisee's book of the month is "How to Win Friends and Influence People," by Dale Carnegie.  I'm also reading, "What to Say When You Talk to Your Self,"  Dr. Hemstetter.  I highly recommend both of these books.

What’s your favorite app? Phonto.  I like to use it to create pictures and ads.

What's your favorite Podcast account name? Entreleadership with Dave Ramsey

What’s your favorite Entrepreneur website/blog to visit? Anything I run across ;)

What’s your favorite quote? "A free man (woman) controls his (her) time and money.  A slave controls neither," Prime Minister Muammar Gaddafi

Stay connected with Aja at www.simplebeautynaturals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment