Saturday, June 6, 2015

Nikola Ahaiwe-Small Business Spotlight

Tell me about yourself…My name is Nikola Ahaiwe and I am a business coach/marketing strategist/motivational speaker and founder of Mogul in the Making (www.nikolaahaiwe.com).  I work with creative female entrepreneurs, providing them with the resources, tools, and strategies needed to grow their “side-hustle” into a full-time business.

What motivates you to keep going? My soon-to-be 7 year old twin daughters keep me going.  They are my WHY, and the reasons behind everything I do and every decision that I make.  I have always wanted to set a good example for them and be their number one role model.
Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and professional life?
I’m always asking myself what is work/life balance…does it even exist?! Lol.  There are times when my personal life takes priority over business, and on the flip side, there are times when my business needs my full attention and personal things have to be pushed to the side.  But overall, I think I’m getting better at trying to balance everything to the best of my ability.  I’ve been working to set up certain systems and create more structure in my business and daily life.  It’s all about prioritizing and learning to work smarter, not harder so that you’re able to enjoy life while building your business. 

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? My top advice would be to start where you are with what you have. So many people are waiting for things to be prefect, for the right time, until they have more money, etc.  The truth is, if you continue waiting before you take action, you may be waiting forever.  Perfection is a myth, and imperfect action will always be better than perfect inaction.

What’s your favorite social media platform? (I.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
I’ve always placed a lot of my focus on Facebook, but with the constant changes in algorithm making it hard for small business owners, I am going to start spending a lot more time on Twitter and Instagram.

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to fellow entrepreneurs?
I would highly recommend Think and Grow Rich.  I truly believe in the power of manifestation and designing your life, and the book had a huge influence on me.  I was able to make adjustments to my mindset and saw great shifts in my life and business after reading it. 

What’s your favorite app?
I would be lost without my Google Calendar app! 
What's your favorite Podcast account name?
I really like the Become a Blogger podcast by Leslie Samuels. He is very thorough and shares some really great business tips.

What’s your favorite Entrepreneur website/blog to visit?
Entrepreneur Magazine – www.entrepreneur.com (to keep up with the latest business trends)
Marie Forleo – www.marieforleo.com (her videos are hilarious AND informative)
Paul C. Brunson – www.paulcbrunson.com (he’s a relationship expert, but shares great business tips and insights on how to grow your brand)

What’s your favorite quote?
“Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” - Unknown

Support & Stay connected with Nikola with the link below:
www.nikolaahaiwe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment