Saturday, June 20, 2015

Karice Martin-Small Business Spotlight


Tell me about yourselfMy name is Karice Martin. I am the owner of Love Kari Dae Clothing, an online boutique that sells trendy clothing for women and juniors. I am from Toledo, Ohio, but I now reside in Atlanta, GA where I run my business. You can find my store at www.LoveKariDae.com.
What motivates you to keep going? I have a very strong support system at home. My family is always very encouraging and uplifting. My boyfriend actually helps me out with a lot of things, like photo shoots, finding the models for the shoots, designing the site and how to market the clothing. Having this kind of help and support keeps me in the game.

Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and professional life?
It is hard, but I do my best. I actually hold a full time job during the day and have to take care of the family at home, which includes 2 children and a cat  :)  I have found that discipline is a major necessity in this business and without it, you can easily fall off track.

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? Do not give up on your dream! It gets hard. There is no doubt about it. A lot of things will happen that will have you feeling discouraged. Just be realistic with your goals and take small steps towards getting there. Do not overwhelm yourself and don't forget to live and laugh at yourself from time to time. We all have flaws and we all make mistakes. Just keep pushing and follow your gut.

What’s your favorite social media platform? Right now, I actually get most of my customers from my posts on Instagram. But Facebook is slowly getting me more customers as well. I find the Instagram followers to be more interactive and engaging.

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to fellow entrepreneurs?
Unfortunately, I have not had time to read anything. But when I do get time, I want to check out "The Chic Entrepreneur" by Leanna Adams.

What’s your favorite app?
I have 3 that I use often. Picsart is one. I use that to create the photos that I use to advertise on my social media accounts. Cam Scanner comes in handy when I need to scan and email delivery receipts to my customers. And of course, I love Instagram since that is where I am able to interact more with my customers.

What's your favorite Podcast account name? I am not subscribed to any at the moment.
What’s your favorite Entrepreneur website/blog to visit? The Powerful Women In Business facebook group is number one, of course  :) But I also love Entrepreneur.comand NAWBOatlanta.org, which is the National Association of Women Business Owners - Atlanta.

What’s your favorite quote?
"If plan "A" didn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters. Stay cool."

Stay connected with Karice with the social media links below:

Instagram: iLoveKariDae
Facebook: www.facebook.com/iLoveKariDae
Twitter: iLoveKariDae

No comments:

Post a Comment