Saturday, August 29, 2015

Tinnie Garlington-Small Business Spotlight

Tell me about yourself…My name is Tinnie Garlington and I am a native of Atlanta, GA. I grew up on the Westside of Atlanta. My childhood was not a your normal upbringing. I had to deal with the harsh realities of growing up with a mother with an addiction and a father that was in and out of my life. 

What motivates you to keep going? I was always eager to learn new things and see others happy. Growing up for me was tough because I didn't understand why people were mean and couldn't get along.

Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and professional life? Later in life I lost my way and became a mother at the age of 14 years old. That time in my life was really hard. I was not able to experience the life of a teenager. I had to take the fast track to single motherhood.

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? At the age of 20 I decided to return to school to obtain my GED because I was tired of working two jobs that were taking me no where. After I obtained my GED, I attended a local college to obtain my Medical Administrative Assistant Certification. To make a long story short, afterwards my life was a series of blessings. Through that I have been employed with Emory Healthcare for 11 years.

What’s your favorite social media platform? I am now working on building brand as a writer and consultant. I have a passion for problem-solving and taking on challenges. 

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to fellow entrepreneurs? What motivates me to keep going is knowing that God has a purpose for my life. He has blessed me with two handsome boys and has continued to elevate me even when I felt like I didn't deserve it.

Do you feel your life is balanced between your personal and
professional life? 
 
At this time I am working on balancing my personal and work life. I found myself taking on so many different projects to not have to focus on what was going on in my personal life. I had to take a step back and become more organized. 

What advice would you give to an aspiring entrepreneur? The advice that I would like to give to an inspiring entrepreneur is to be honest with themselves. Ask questions and do the research. Don't try to rush progress. Take their time and really work hard on their business plan and stick to it. Don't chase the money, chase the promise.

What’s your favorite social media platform? At this time Facebook is my favorite social media platform. I recently created a Instagram account and I must say its going to take some getting used to.

What book are you currently reading or would recommend to
fellow entrepreneurs?
 I am currently listening to Today Matters which is an audiobook by John Maxwell who is one of the best leadership coaches in my opinion. 

What’s your favorite app? I don't currently have a favorite app at this time. I have been too busy to get into the apps. 

What's your favorite Podcast account name? My favorite entrepreneur site to visit is Oprah. I love her and aspire to accomplish some of the things that she has. 

What’s your favorite quote? My favorite quote is "People and things are powerless, your reaction is their only power" by an unknown author. 

Support and stay connected with Tinnie with the links below:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/timewithtinnie
Instagram: tinniesworld
Website: www.dlblf.org

No comments:

Post a Comment